I just self-published my book last week and it’s already at 4.5 stars. My YA urban fantasy is now available for purchase.
BUY KINDLE US (Also available internationally)
Walk with Opal down the Path to Dawn and Dusk, the hardest path for anyone to take.
Opal is a young girl living in Dewdrop, a bustling suburb southeast of New York. Life is a constant struggle for her, until she befriends newcomer, Hope Adaire. With the girls’ friendship slowly beginning to grow, Opal’s life begins to change in mysterious ways, as the secrets of Hope’s enigmatic life begins to unfold.
In the process of taking new paths and unveiling truths, a new world is discovered and with it, the discovery of a Gift a power that can make Opal stronger than she ever imagined. Yet with every truth, lies must be shattered. Now, when Dewdrop and the new world is threatened, this temperamental teen with too much emotional baggage, must learn how to control her Gift, and protect everyone living in her world and the new one—or face the consequences of unmasked truths.
WHY BUY IT?
- ~Written by a nerdy black girl~
- Features a black female MC struggling to understand herself
- Contains an emotional core
- WoC dominated cast (damsels-in-distress free)
- Diverse characters with magical powers (who also kick butt)
- Diversity in suburbia and SFF setting
- Explores themes of light and darkness
- Focuses on familial, self-love, and platonic love
- Contains mild cursing
- First few chapters free on Wattpad~
- Will be available at B&N soon!
This is my first novel from the 12 year old girl who carried a huge folder around recess and would write The Path to Dawn on looseleaf. Writing this story and self-publishing it has been one of my many dreams, and now I can check that off my list.
Whether you purchase it or not, please reblog, like, screen-cap, do whatever to spread the word!
(submitted by the author, @miricastor!)